- Obey signage and stay out of the restricted work zone.
- Use caution when crossing Broadway Avenue near the work zone entrances.
- Remember the river banks are closed throughout the project.
The Boise River through the construction zone will be open during the prime floating season.
Many construction activities have been completed and the department is on schedule to finish the project this fall.
ITD has completed the bridge:
- Demolition and removal
- Foundation (piers and girders)
ITD is currently working on:
- Building the bridge deck
- Constructing the retaining walls in the BSU parking lot
- Installing traffic control devices and the electrical infrastructure for the bridge lighting
This summer ITD will:
- Repave Broadway Avenue between Front and Myrtle
- Reconstruct Broadway Avenue from University to Myrtle
- Complete the connectivity of the Greenbelt to Broadway Avenue
What to Expect During Construction
- Broadway Avenue is closed in both directions from Cesar Chavez Lane to Myrtle Street.
- Motorists are detoured to the Parkcenter Boulevard Bridge.
- Access is closed to Broadway Avenue from Cesar Chavez Lane through late summer.
- The Greenbelt detour is closed on the south side from west of Broadway Avenue to Parkcenter Bridge through late summer. Pedestrians and bicyclists should use the north Greenbelt detour.
- Business access will remain open.
- Lane restrictions will be in place between Myrtle and Front streets while crews repave and improve this section of Broadway Avenue.
DETOUR ROUTE MAPS