Watch a short video for the most up-to-date information about summer traffic impacts, Greenbelt changes, river floating, work zone safety and more.
Broadway Ave. Paving Impacts
Crews will be paving Broadway Avenue between Myrtle and Front streets. During this work, drivers can expect:
- Broadway Avenue will be closed between Myrtle and Front streets.
- Myrtle Street will be reduced to one lane between 2nd Street and the intersection.
- Front Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the intersection.
- View the detour map and traffic pattern for August 26-29.
- Signals will be turned off and flaggers will direct traffic day and night.
- Flaggers will direct Greenbelt users near Myrtle Street.
Construction Progress Report
Many construction activities have been completed, and construction of the new Broadway Bridge is expected to be finished this fall.
Work completed to date includes:
- Demolishing and removing the 1956 bridge structure.
- Completing the foundation of the new bridge.
- Piles are driven, the piers are built, and girders have been placed to support the bridge deck.
- Paving Broadway Avenue between University Drive and Cesar Chavez Lane.
- Installing new traffic signals at Myrtle Street and University Drive.
Crews are currently working on:
- Building the bridge deck.
- Constructing retaining walls.
- Installing traffic control devises and the electrical infrastructure for the bridge lighting.
- Rebuilding the Greenbelt under the bridge.
- Paving Broadway Avenue between Myrtle and Front streets.
Later this summer, crews will:
- Finish constructing the deck of the new bridge.
- Install railing and lighting.
- Build the new stairs and pathways between the Greenbelt and Broadway Avenue.
- Obey signage and stay out of the restricted work zone.
- Use caution when crossing Broadway Avenue near the work zone entrances.
- Remember the river banks are closed throughout the project.
- The Boise River through the construction zone will be open during the prime floating season. Be aware of your surroundings when floating the river.
What to Expect During Construction
- Broadway Avenue is closed in both directions from Cesar Chavez Lane to Myrtle Street.
- Motorists are detoured to the Parkcenter Boulevard Bridge.
- Access is closed to Broadway Avenue from Cesar Chavez Lane through late summer.
- The Greenbelt detour is closed on the south side from west of Broadway Avenue to Parkcenter Bridge through late summer. Pedestrians and bicyclists should use the north Greenbelt detour.
- Business access will remain open.
- Lane restrictions will be in place between Myrtle and Front streets while crews repave and improve this section of Broadway Avenue.
DETOUR ROUTE MAPS