Public Information Specialist
Transportation Department plans 42 highway construction projects in eastern Idaho
RIGBY - The Idaho Transportation Department plans 42 highway construction projects in eastern Idaho this year. Click here for a map of the project locations.
Projects will include:
- resurfacing U.S. 20 between Thornton and Rexburg,
- reconstructing U.S. 20 on the Ashton hill north of Ashton,
- resurfacing U.S. 20 between Island Park Lodge and the Montana line,
- resurfacing U.S. 26 between the South Fork Snake River Bridge and Swan Valley,
- replacing two bridges on Idaho 75 southwest of Challis, and
- reconstructing Idaho 33 east of Newdale.
Crews also will resurface U.S. 93 northwest of Mackay and segments of state highways in Idaho Falls.
Installing a permanent weigh-in-motion sensor system on U.S. 20/26 near Butte City, adding light poles at interchanges on Interstate 15 and U.S. 20, preserving eight bridges, upgrading signage on U.S. 20 in and north of Rexburg, sealing stretches of highway, striping roads, and fencing I-15 south of Idaho Falls round out the project list.
The estimated cost of the projects is $54.5 million. Work will enhance and preserve state highways, improving safety and ride for motorists. Projects will start once contracts are awarded, construction is arranged and weather allows.
Questions? Visit us online at itd.idaho.gov, follow ITD on Twitter (@IdahoITD) or Facebook and check travel conditions at 511.idaho.gov or dial 5-1-1. Please slow down in highway construction zones and pay attention. Safety for drivers and workers is our highest priority.